For many home studios, it can be difficult to place studio monitors in the correct position. This is where a set of high-quality stands can come to the rescue.
In this review, we check out the best studio monitor stands available today. From floor, desktop, budget options, and even subwoofers, we have you covered.
Best Overall Studio Monitor Stand
IsoAcoustics Aperta 200
Best Studio Monitor Desk Stand
Ultimate Support MS-90/36B
Best Studio Monitor Floor Stand
Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-SM50
Best Cheap Studio Monitor Stands
IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub
Best Subwoofer Isolation Stand
The Best Studio Monitor Stands Overall
There’s a lot to consider when comparing the top studio monitors in the market. The same goes for studio monitor stands. Differences in technology, materials, and effectiveness mean some are naturally better than others. Below are our top two choices for both desktop and floor.
IsoAcoustics ISO Review
- Excellent Isolation – The IsoAcoustics ISO range offers excellent decoupling. Vibrations are extensively minimized. The result is tight and accurate sound reproduction.
- Sleek Design – While everyone has their preferences most people like the simple and refined design the ISO range offers.
- Multiple Sizes – Three sizes are available to handle a wide variety of studio monitor sizes. Each offers a good height range to reach the optimum studio monitor level.
- Tilt Available – The ISO range also offers up to 6.5 degrees of tilt. While not a huge range it is often more than enough to ensure ideal positioning for your studio monitors.
- Plastic Components – Many other brands offer full metal or wooden construction. While these are not flimsy the plastic is slightly off-putting at this price point.
The IsoAcoustic ISO range is among the very best studio monitor stands available for desktop use. They come in three sizes. The IsoAcoustic ISO-130, IsoAcoustics ISO-155, and the IsoAcoustics ISO-200. The specs listed above are for the ISO-155 model.
This gives you plenty of options to select the right monitor stands for your studio. Each is height adjustable and also allows for a slight angle tilt. Weight capacity is also good but does decrease when set at maximum height.
More importantly, they do an excellent job of keeping reflections and vibrations at bay. Clear and tight bass, crisp details, and excellent imaging are the results.
They offer a good level of stability with minimal to no wobble depending on your surface. The rubberized tops secure your monitors with no movement or bounce.
While these are not the cheapest studio monitor stands their performance is outstanding. One of the best studio monitor stands on the market today.
Placing your studio monitors on isolation pads is another way to improve their acoustic performance. Check out our guide to the best speaker isolation pads for more information.
Argosy Spire 360i Review
- IsoAcoustic Decoupling – The built-in IsoAcoustics decoupling technology is fantastic. Provides a floating platform for your studio monitors to eliminate vibrations.
- Attractive Finish – The black powder-coated finish is attractive. Well suited to a professional studio environment.
- Very Stable – The large base and solid weight ensure your monitors are secure and stable. Solid MDF adds heft and confidence.
- Easy Assembly – Simple construction means you’ll be set up in no time.
- No Height Adjustment – There are two models available but they don’t offer any ability to adjust the height.
The Argosy Spire 360i is an excellent set of studio monitor stands for your floor. These are rock-solid and dependable studio stands. They provide maximum security for your expensive studio monitors.
These are not cheap but the craftsmanship is second to none. The wooden frame along with the excellent IsoAcoustic tops justifies the higher price point.
But these are not without some small nitpicks.
First, there is no cable management option. For studio stands this expensive it would have been a nice touch.
Secondly, there is no ability to adjust the height. These do come in two models. The Argosy Spire 360i and the Argosy Spire 420i. The specs listed above are for the 360i version.
If the height listed is ideal for your studio these are a great choice. Super solid, dependable, modern, and professional design. One of the best studio monitor stands you can buy today.
Argosy Spire 360i
The Best Studio Monitor Desk Stands
We have covered some of the absolute best. Now it’s time to dive into some more choices that may better suit your needs. Below are some other excellent picks if you are looking for studio monitor stands for your desktop speakers.
IsoAcoustics Aperta Review
- High Load Rating – Many high-end studio monitors are quite hefty. Engineered specifically to handle heavy studio monitors. All while maintaining a discrete profile.
- Excellent Isolation – IsoAcoustics products offer excellent decoupling. And these studio monitor stands are no exception. No unwanted vibrations.
- Sturdy Construction – The metal construction adds plenty of longevity. These are premium quality studio monitor stands.
- Available In Two Colors – The flexibility to choose between black and silver finish is great for matching these to your studio space.
- Low Profile – The super low profile may not be suitable for some desks. Though the tilt functionality can assist in getting your monitors pointed in the right direction.
If you want a premium set of studio monitor stands the IsoAcoustics Aperta range is worth checking out. Available in two models. The IsoAcoustics Aperta 200 and IsoAcoustics Aperta 300. Specs listed above are for the Aperta 200 model.
These solid metal studio monitor stands offer maximum stability for heavy studio monitors. Isolation is also very impressive. Something I’ve come to expect from the IsoAcoustics brand. No vibrations and an excellent float that delivers sonic clarity.
It is also nice to see some variation in colors. Standard black is a favorite but silver is a sleek choice for lighter-colored studios.
You can optimize your listening position with 6.5 degrees of tilt. But the lack of height adjustability will be a dealbreaker for some. The price tag is also not very budget-friendly but for the quality involved it’s unsurprising.
If you have a heavy monitor speaker the IsoAcoustics Aperta range is among the best studio monitor stands available.
IsoAcoustics Aperta 200
Ultimate Support MS-80B Review
- High-Quality Foam – The high-density acoustic foam is excellent. Not only does it provide excellent sonic decoupling it also grips to monitors well.
- Generous Tilt Range – The full range of tilt is impressive and more than what other stands offer. 2″ – 3″ (50 mm – 76 mm) allows you to get the angle just right.
- Weight Capacity – The high weight rating means that the MS-80B can comfortably handle large and heavy studio monitors.
- Durable – Despite the plastic base the thickness and quality are very high. Couple it with the superior foam and you have a set of stands that will last you a long time.
- High Price – While the quality is high these are a little more expensive than other options on the market.
The Ultimate Support MS-80B is another high-quality desktop studio monitor stand.
The excellent tilt functionality is a real highlight. It provides you with plenty of flexibility to adjust these to your needs. Plus the mechanism is simple and intuitive to use.
The thick pads do an excellent job of buffering vibrations. Clear and punchy bass without excessive resonance.
It also offers a simple and unobtrusive design. Perfectly able to blend into your studio environment. The generous plate size can also accommodate larger monitors. Even when at higher tilt levels.
While these are not height adjustable they can still handle a variety of potential studio configurations.
If you can look past the higher price point, the Ultimate Support MS-80B is one of the best studio monitor stands available today.
Ultimate Support MS-80B
K&M 26772 Review
- Versatile Height Options – Unlike some other stands you are not restricted to set height intervals. Full flexibility to move from 6.58 inches to 10 inches.
- Clean Design – The minimalist design ensures these can blend into any studio environment. Clean black finish and an attractive shape.
- Full Steel Construction – Solid steel to provide maximum stability and durability.
- Rubber Pads – Comes with 4 pads for the base and also 4 pads for the top plate. Adds stability and protection for your monitors and desk.
- No Tilt Functionality – These stands don’t have any tilt option to further tweak the directionality of your monitors.
The K&M 26772 tabletop studio monitor stand is a slick and professional addition to any studio. Its refined and simple design is a classy alternative to some other studio monitor stands on the market.
But it doesn’t just look good it also offers excellent features. The variable height adjustment allows you to pinpoint the exact height you need. Great for nailing the sweet spot.
The tough construction is another highlight, and with a load capacity of 33 lbs, this stand can tackle hefty monitors with ease.
The tray size is large enough to handle a wide range of studio monitors but there might be some overlap if you have particularly large speakers. But for most brands out there, these should have no trouble.
While it might not offer any tilt functionality the K&M 26772 is still among the best studio monitor desktop stands on the market.
Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-STMN-DSK Review
- Flexible Height Range – The capacity to adjust to various heights makes this a flexible pair of studio monitor stands. Perfect for finding the right height for your needs.
- Very Stable – The 10-inch square base is stable and secure. The rubber feet grip the surface well and provide decent decoupling.
- Tough Steel – Durable steel construction throughout. High-quality components including screws and the locking mechanism. The adjustable height control knob is plastic but also tough.
- Offers Tilting – Up to 15 degrees of tilt available along with a high load capacity. Stability does reduce at aggressive tilts but that will depend on how heavy your monitors are.
- Thin Foam – The layer of EVA foam is exceptionally thin. It does provide a good level of grip but doesn’t add much dampening.
The Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-STMN-DSK (surely they could have thought of a more concise name!) is a great studio monitor stand.
These affordable stands provide plenty of flexibility and features. Some of which even more expensive stands don’t offer.
Desk heights do vary, as do monitor sizes. It is great to see a set of stands that offer this much height adjustment. Plus with the added tilt it is super easy to get your monitors lined up perfectly.
High construction quality and simple assembly are also appealing. The thin foam however is a letdown. It also results in the slightest bit of ringing through the pole.
While these don’t offer the absolute best isolation they are still an attractive and functional pair of studio monitor stands.
Read our full Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-STMN-DSK review for more detailed information.
Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-STMN-DSK
The Best Studio Monitor Floor Stands
Studio monitor stands for floors are a great way to free up space on your desk. Below we look over some enticing options if you are looking to buy monitor stands for your floor. Whether you have wooden floors or carpet these are all great choices.
Ultimate Support MS-90/36B Review
- Superior Decoupling – The MS-90/36B offers excellent decoupling. Both from the floor to the base and from the top plate. Vibrations and resonance are non-existent.
- Fantastic Cable Management – Two columns of cable management to keep your studio space looking clean and neat.
- Ultra Tough – 6000-series aluminum throughout these stands gives them an industrial level of quality. Sure to last you a very long time.
- Super Stable – The large feet already provide a high level of stability. But a central column is available to fill with sand for even more stability.
- A Bit Pricey – High-quality components and intelligent design does result in a high price tag. Well worth it but not budget-friendly.
The Ultimate Support MS-90/36B is among the most highly rated studio monitor stands available.
The exceptional level of build quality is a real highlight. A tough no-compromise piece of gear that will be a staple of your studio space for years to come.
Three internal channels provide loads of functionality. The hollow central columns allow you to add sand for added heft and stability. While power cables can be neatly tucked into the other two columns.
You can tell Ultimate Support has taken the time and effort to develop an exceptional set of stands. And the limited lifetime warranty goes to show how much they believe in their product.
They also offer two sizes. The Ultimate Support MS-90/36B and the Ultimate Support MS-90/45B. Specs listed above are for the MS-90/36B version.
Super smart and attractive they ooze professionalism. Plus there is a stylish deep red option available for both sizes.
If you want one of the best studio monitor stands for your floor, the MS-90B is worth every dollar.
Ultimate Support MS-90/36B
K&M 26720 Review
- Intelligent Stand Positions – This stand features six selectable positions with logical intervals that give you the maximum chance of finding the correct height for your monitors.
- Tripod Base – The tripod base is a departure from the usual triangular design of other stands, making it easier to tuck into difficult spaces.
- Internal Cable Management – You can route your cables inside the center stand tube. This allows for maximum aesthetic appeal and also helps protect your cables.
- Excellent Build Quality – Super tough construction and high attention to detail. Doesn’t look or feel cheap and offers a hefty capacity of 77.16 lbs per stand.
- Not Ideal For Carpet – This stand doesn’t come with any carpet spikes. While it is relatively hefty, these are not the best choice for carpet, especially if it features a plush pile.
The K&M 26772 is an outstanding floor-standing studio monitor stand thanks to the high level of build quality and ultra-stable base.
I love the tripod base, as I’ve often found triangular bases a little awkward to place in certain studio layouts. It’s also very stable, thanks to rubber pads.
The top plate also features rubber studs to reduce rattle and provides a secure mounting position for your studio monitors.
The clean design combines well with cable management functionality and an intelligent locking mechanism when selecting from the six potential height positions.
If you don’t have a carpeted studio floor, the K&M 26720 is a reliable and well-constructed floor stand for your monitors.
RAB Audio ProRak SDM50 Review
- Excellent Height Range – The SDM50 features up to 6 inches of variable height settings with secure bolts to ensure maximum stability.
- Good-Looking Design – The rounded edges and angular design of the central pillars make these a statement piece for any studio. Oozing with style and sophistication.
- Durable Finish – The MDF frame features an excellent black thermofused laminate that is durable and resistant to scuffs and damage.
- Easy Assembly – Super simple assembly process means you’ll have these set up in no time.
- Not For Large Monitors – Ideally suited for small to medium-sized monitors. You’ll have to jump up to the larger and more expensive model if you want to handle big monitors.
RAB Audio’s ProRak workstations are among the most popular options for modern studios due to their high quality and versatile features.
This same mentality has extended to its range of studio monitor floor stands. An elegant combination of functionality and sharp appearance that is perfect for any studio.
The wide and stable base ensures minimal wobble but might struggle on plush carpets. The top plate is perfectly sized for small to medium-sized monitors.
With a high load rating of 50 lbs, these are able to handle the vast majority of modern studio monitors.
An attractive pair of stands that are built to last. The price point is also reasonable, considering the high-quality construction.
RAB Audio ProRak SDM50
Gator Frameworks Elite Review
- Ultra Stable – The Elite series from Gator Frameworks offers a wide base and thick plywood frame. The stand is hefty at 20.5 lbs which delivers excellent stability.
- Chunky Design – The chunky frame looks and feels solid. These are closer in appearance to furniture and a nice change from thin metal stands.
- Various Colors Available – Easily match these stands to your home or studio decor with the choice of four colors. Black, Brown, Grey, and Maple.
- Recessed Cable Channel – The central column features a recessed cutout for easy cable management. Helps to keep everything looking neat and tidy.
- Fixed Height – Much like other floor stands that feature this style of design; you won’t be able to adjust the height.
The Gator Frameworks Elite floor-standing studio monitor stands are a stylish addition to a studio space or as part of a home entertainment setup.
The durable construction and excellent material finish effortlessly blend into any setup and look especially fantastic when paired with other Gator Frameworks Elite furniture.
The wide base and hefty weight provide plenty of stability. The top platform also offers enough room to handle bigger monitors.
While you will be sacrificing the flexibility of adjusting height levels, the stands are at a good height for most applications.
If you want stands that add to the appearance of your space, the Gator Frameworks Elite is among the best-looking stands on the market.
Gator Frameworks Elite
Argosy Spire Classic 36″ Review
- Minimalist Appearance – Something many other studio monitor stands lack is eye appeal. These stands buck this trend and provide you with a stylish appearance that is unbeatable.
- Exceptionally Stable – The large base does an excellent job of providing stability. When you have expensive monitors the last thing you want is unstable stands.
- Reliable Construction – The tough MDF construction will last the distance. The Melamine finish also holds up well.
- Good Decoupling – The basic wooden structure does a good job of elevating your monitors. Resonance is minimal and these keep vibrations in check.
- Not Height Adjustable – As with many floor stands the Argosy Spire Classic doesn’t offer adjustable height. It’s worth measuring your space before buying.
Style is the name of the game when it comes to the Argosy Spire Classic range. Available in two sizes. The Argosy Spire Classic 36″ and Argosy Spire Classic 42″. Specs listed above are for the 36″ model.
These super attractive floor studio monitor stands are sure to catch the eye. But they don’t just look great. They are also highly functional at achieving decoupling from surfaces.
The large load capacity is also great for handling heavier monitor speakers. A wide base and generously sized top plate ensure these can handle a range of monitors.
But that wide base does command some space. The angled columns also mean these can’t tuck in cleanly. I’d recommend ensuring you have the floor space before investing in these.
If you want to add a little extra class to your home studio the Argosy Spire Classic range is a fantastic choice.
Argosy Spire Classic 36
The Best Cheap Studio Monitor Stands
Studio monitor stands can be expensive. But some of the best studio monitor stands are more affordable than you might think. Below we cover some choices for those that want some budget-friendly options.
Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-SM50 Review
- Triangular Base – The large triangular base offers excellent stability. Threaded nylon feet for hard surfaces and spikes for carpet.
- Strong Build Quality – Tough and durable metal construction. The finish is also good without blemishes or poor workmanship.
- Affordable Price Point – Aggressively priced floor stands that offer plenty of features. Good value for money.
- Slimline – The central pole allows for easy maneuverability without demanding a lot of space.
- Wide Height Options – Despite a flexible height adjustment, the pinholes for adjustment are 6-inches apart. This limits your choices.
The Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-SM50 is an affordable and functional pair of studio monitor stands.
Floor stands can be rather expensive so it is great to see a budget-friendly option available. And while it offers a great price point it doesn’t skimp on features.
The large base provides excellent stability. Construction is solid and assembly is straightforward.
The top plate features a rubberized surface to keep your monitors in place. Decoupling is pretty decent for floor stands that are this cheap.
The pin mechanism is easy to use and effective. But the wide gaps between options are a bit disappointing. I can’t see how it would have cost that much more to add some extra holes.
Despite this shortcoming, the GFW-SPK-SM50 is still one of the best studio monitor stands for budget-conscious buyers.
Read our full Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-SM50 review for more detailed information.
Gator Frameworks GFW-SPK-SM50
Behringer SM5002 Review
- 10-Inch Height Adjustment – The SM5002 offers nearly 10 inches worth of height adjustment, making it easy to align your monitors at ear level.
- Great Value – Much like many Behringer products, the SM5002 offers great value for money. A solid choice for people that don’t want to spend a lot on their stands.
- Rubberized Padding – The rubberized padding on the top plate does a fantastic job of keeping your monitors in place.
- Impressive Stability – The wide triangular base and solid construction combine to provide stability for your monitors.
- Difficult Assembly – The lack of assembly instructions makes the process of putting these together not as straightforward as other options.
Behringer has an established reputation for providing decent quality produtcs at an afforidable price and the SM5002 is another excellent example of this.
While it might not be the most premium option ont eh market it offers everythign you need to be able to get your monitors to the correct height and have the confidence that they will not topple.
The pin system offers ample options to select the correct height and the soft rubberized top panels as a fantastic addition.
If you are willing to spend a little time scratchign your head while figuring out how to assemble these you’ll be rewarded with functional stands at a bargain price.
A solid choice for budget-conscious buyers that want triangular speaker stands they can rely on.
On-Stage Stands SMS4500-P Review
- Easy To Adjust – The adjustable height can accommodate a variety of studio situations. Especially useful for taller people.
- Tilt Functionality – Up to 15 degrees tilt to angle speakers. Great for finding that exact sweet spot.
- EVA Lined Top Plate – The thin EVA foam does a good job at preventing monitors from sliding around.
- Cheap Price – An affordable studio monitor stand for desktop applications. Great for bargain hunters that still want decent quality.
- Struggles With Large Monitors – Does offer a high load capacity. But in practice these struggle with stability when using larger and heavier monitors.
The On-Stage Stands SMS4500-P is a great choice for people looking to buy a pair of desktop stands. Especially if they are not looking at spending a lot.
These offer an excellent range of features. Height adjustability using a secure pin lock system. The stable base does a great job with small to medium-sized monitors.
Initial assembly is a little fiddly but once completed the day-to-day use is a breeze. The tilt functionality is also useful but does introduce stability issues with heavier monitors.
For a budget studio monitor stand these are well made. All steel construction is always a welcome sight.
While not ideal for bigger monitors the SMS4500-P is great if you are buying studio monitor stands and don’t want to spend too much.
Read our full On-Stage Stands SMS4500-P review for more detailed information.
On-Stage Stands SMS4500-P
On-Stage Stands SMS6000-P Review
- Flexible Height System – The pin lock system offers increments of 4-inches. This provides a good amount of flexibility to find the correct position for your monitors.
- Bulky And Solid – At 24 lbs. (10.9 kg) each, these offer plenty of heft and stability. Durable arc welded steel completes the package.
- Economical – As with all On-Stage stands these are aggressively priced. Especially for floor monitor stands.
- Basic Cable Management – A small clip on each stand provides you with some control over audio cables.
- Not Good On Uneven Floors – Excellent for carpet, but the rubber feet for hard floors offer little adjustment. Makes it hard to stabilize on uneven hard floors.
On-Stage Stands makes another appearance in the budget category. This time for their floor stands.
This flexible set of stands excels at giving you options when it comes to height. The pin lock system is easy to use and provides plenty of security for your monitor speaker. Exceptionally reliable.
Despite the low price point, these are well made. Stell construction throughout that will be able to handle long-term use.
The screw-in rubber feet are a little disappointing. I would have loved to see more thread here to accommodate uneven floors. But at this price point, it is hard to be overly critical.
If you want a cheap set of floor monitor stands these should be on your list of options.
Read our full On-Stage Stands SMS6000-P review for more detailed information.
On-Stage Stands SMS6000-P
The Best Subwoofer Isolation Stand
While the focus of this guide has been on monitors we can’t forget about subwoofers. If anything these need isolation stands more.
Vibration diffusion capabilities are very important. You want to tame issues so you can experience clear audio reproduction. Here is our choice for the best subwoofer stand available today.
IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub Review
- Slim And Stable – The ultra-low profile and generous base size deliver plenty of stability for heavy subwoofers.
- Excellent Isolation – IsoAcoustics decoupling technology is fantastic. Perfect for reducing unwanted noise and vibrations from powerful bass.
- Carpet Disks Included – Excellent carpet discs with spikes. This provides superior stability on carpeted surfaces.
- Simple And Attractive – The unassuming design keeps the focus on your woofer. Comfortably rests underneath without drawing attention.
- Not Cheap – Good quality gear costs money. The IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub is a premium choice that isn’t cheap.
I love epic bass. But too many times bass can sound muddy due to poor positioning and isolation. This is where the IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub isolation stand comes in.
This premium quality stand provides fantastic decoupling. It keeps vibrations to a minimum so that sound performance is at its best.
If you are a lover of bass you’ll instantly recognize the difference. Smooth, consistent, and tight bass is critical for certain types of music. But this is also a good option for home theatre applications.
It is also a great choice to minimize bass travel through floors into other rooms. Especially important if you live in an apartment with close neighbors.
Construction quality is also high. Despite a plastic build, this is a durable and reliable subwoofer stand.
If you want to tame muddy low-end frequencies the IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub Isolation Stand is a must-have.
IsoAcoustics Aperta Sub
Our Expert Buying Guide
Selecting the right monitor stand for your needs can be a tricky choice. Every studio is different. Whether it is an established studio or a new home setup.
Each studio will have its potential issues that you’ll need to address. Below we cover everything you need to know when buying speaker stands for your studio setup.
The main purpose of speaker stands is to bring your monitors up to the correct position. But the other primary function is to decouple your monitor speakers from surfaces.
This eliminates vibrations and improves sound quality in your studio space. It will make for tighter production capabilities and more enjoyable listening.
This is another important feature. You don’t want your quality studio monitors to be unstable. A solid base is critical to ensure maximum stability. Whether it is a central stand or a square platform you don’t want any wobble.
Placement is also important to avoid the potential of hitting the stands which can cause them to tip.
It is also worth factoring in how flexible the monitor stands are. Options like height adjustability and tilt functionality give you freedom.
There is the potential that your recording studio components may change. Having flexible monitors allows you to adapt when you buy new monitors or change your setup.
Flexible stands are a better option compared to shelves.
Weight capacity is also extremely important. Some monitor speakers are quite heavy. You need stands that can comfortably support them.
Smaller monitor speakers are easy to set up. But you may look at purchasing new monitors down the line. These could be larger and/or heavier.
Investing in a monitor stand with a high weight capacity will give you maximum adaptability for the future.
I always prefer function over form. But that doesn’t mean you can’t take the appearance of the speaker stands into account.
Beyond appearance, it is also important to consider the design principles of your monitor stands. Solid construction, rubber feet, and other features are inherent to a well-designed monitor stand.
Monitor stands come in all shapes and sizes with different features. A good monitor stand will help with achieving better sound quality.
But it can also serve as a way to organize your space. Organizing audio and power cables helps keep home studios looking clean and inviting. It also reduces tripping hazards.
A well-organized home studio is more inviting and motivating to work in.
Floor Vs Desktop Stands
The argument between floor and desktop monitor stands is not straightforward. Each has its pros and cons. And the right one for you will depend on your studio space.
If your recording studio has plenty of floor space a floor monitor stand is a good choice. It opens up more space on your studio tabletop for musical instruments, mixing consoles, and PC.
But if you don’t have a lot of floor space a desktop option is a better choice. You’ll still enjoy the benefits of having your monitors at the correct height without the space that floor stands demand.
Is It Better To Tilt Studio Monitors Up Or Down?
Tilting your monitors is great for ensuring sound waves are at your ear level. It doesn’t matter if you tilt them up or down.
How High Should Studio Monitor Stands Be?
Whether you use desktop or floor stands your monitors should reach between 47-55 inches (120-140cm). This is dependent on your height and the height of your desk. You want the tweeters to align with your ear level for the best listening position.
What Is The 38% Rule?
The 38% rule is a guideline to where you should position your monitors within your home studio. For an ideal listening position, your monitors should be 38% away from either the rear or front wall.
Which One Should You Buy?
There are plenty of fantastic options available. Every studio monitor stand we have covered in this guide is a great choice. They will help you reduce vibrations and improve sonic performance in your home studio.
The right one for you will depend on if you need a desktop or floor stand. Other factors like weight capacity and height are also important to factor in. One person’s ideal stand will not be great for another.
With all that considered it is hard to look past the IsoAcoustics ISO range of studio monitor stands. They offer excellent decoupling technology. Plus adjustable angle, good build quality, and model options. This makes it the best studio monitor stand available today.