Selecting the right powered speakers for your setup can be difficult. Most powered speakers start at 10 inches in size. These 10-inch models tend to offer excellent portability for all types of artists while maintaining a good amount of power. In this guide, we check out the best 10 inch powered speakers currently available.
A loud and powerful 10-inch speaker with excellent sound quality, satisfying bass, and defined tuning options.
A dependable and ergonomic speaker. Impressive sound profile and a broad sweetspot for maximum coverage.
The Top Rated Speakers Reviewed
Below is our selection for the 10 best powered speakers in the 10-inch category. From premium to affordable options there is sure to be a speaker that is right for your needs.
QSC K10.2 Review
- Excellent Balance – The sound quality is excellent and above expectations. Mids and highs sit comfortably with precise delivery. Lows are rich and don’t dominate.
- Loud – At 130 dB this speaker packs a serious punch. Plenty of headroom allowing you to not push the speaker to breaking point to get the volume you desire.
- Meaty Low End – The low end offers plenty of depth. No boominess, just clean meaty bass that is extremely satisfying.
- Effective Tuning – Customization is available via a range of well-executed presets.
- Not For Large Venues – For large venues, you’ll still need a subwoofer. But that is the case with nearly all 10-inch speakers.
The second-generation K series from QSC has a lot to live up to. The original range was an excellent performer. Thankfully the new generation not only maintains that quality but improves on it. This speaker sounds great and has enough low-end delivery where you can forgo the subwoofer for smaller venues.
Priced reasonably and offering plenty of flexibility. The QSC K10.2 is an outstanding 10-inch powered speaker.
JBL EON 610 Review
- Impressive Sound – JBL has an excellent reputation in the speaker space. The EON range delivers excellent sound quality even in the smallest 10-inch model.
- Broad Sweetspot – JBL Waveguide technology offers a broader range compared to other speakers. Covers more of the venue for even sound delivery.
- Dependable – Rugged injection-molded cabinet is solid and dependable. Component quality is high.
- Ergonomic – Light and nimble. If you have to set up your speakers regularly you’ll appreciate that this speaker comes in at just 26 lbs. (11.7kg).
- Poor Bluetooth – Tuning options through an app via Bluetooth is a great idea but the execution is lacking. Can be difficult to pair.
The JBL EON 610 is among the best 10-inch powered speakers available. It offers an attractive price point while maintaining excellent quality. Mids and highs have a distinct presence and the lows are smooth and clean. The increased sweet spot makes it a great choice as a solo speaker.
The JBL EON 610 is dependable, sounds great, and is among the best speakers currently on the market.
Read our full JBL EON 610 review for more detailed information.
JBL EON 610
Yamaha DBR10 Review
- Audio Clarity – Yamaha has delivered an exceptional-sounding speaker. The highlights are the lear and defined mids and highs.
- Rugged Construction – Solid cabinet that is durable and capable. A dependable unit that can handle frequent use.
- Packs A Punch – For a 700-watt speaker the DBR10 offers up plenty of loudness. Efficient and well-designed.
- Good Connection Options – Combo jacks offer primary connectivity options. The addition of RCA is a welcome addition.
- Minimal Tuning Options – Limited flexibility when it comes to tuning the output.
The Yamaha DBR10 is a solid entry in this list. Frequently touted as one of the best 10-inch powered speakers currently available. This entry-level option is a great stepping stone into the world of Yamaha sound. You get precise and clear audio delivery along with flexible connectivity options. But, the mids and highs do tend to dominate the soundscape.
If reliability and a trusted brand are high on your list of requirements the DBR10 should be on your list of options.
Read our full Yamaha DBR10 review for more detailed information.
PreSonus AIR10 Review
- Clear Sound Delivery – Clarity across all frequencies is excellent. Clean mids and highs and enough depth to deliver a smooth low end.
- Solid Build – Sturdy construction. A must if you need to take your speakers to gigs.
- Clean Presets – Fantastic range of presets to adjust the output for various situations. Granular control is also available.
- Good Value – A solid price point with an impressive list of features. Plenty of bang for your buck.
- Could Be Louder – This speaker does pack a punch but might be a little underwhelming in larger venues.
The PreSonus AIR10 is a great mid-priced speaker that offers plenty of value. The smooth sound quality is the stand-out feature. When you combine it with the available tuning options you have an excellent allrounder. An ideal speaker for small to medium-sized venues.
Excellent value for money and modern features make the PreSonus AIR10 is a great choice.
Mackie SRM350v3 Review
- Tight Low End – The bass response is clean and punchy. Satisfying and an appropriate option for mobile DJs.
- Lightweight – At 23 lbs. (10.4kg) the SRM250v3 is a portable option. Easy to carry and transport with added mounting and fly-over points.
- Good Preset Options – A range of effective presets offer good flexibility to tailor the sound. A dedicated DJ option will be very appealing to some.
- Feedback Destroyer – Instantly eliminate feedback via the press of a button. Excellent addition to an already well-rounded speaker.
- Imprecise Highs – The highs are a little unbalanced compared to the rest of the audio output. An external mixer is great for rectifying this issue.
The SRM350v3 from Mackie is an excellent 10-inch powered speaker with great features. The expansive connection options allow you to connect a variety of gear. Clean presets and good sound quality with just a little imbalance in the top end.
A solid speaker with useful features sets the Mackie apart from the competition. Reasonably priced and worth adding to your list of options.
EV ETX 10P Review
- Premium Sound Quality – The top-of-the-line model for EV delivers on the sound front. No distortion or muddy tones from any frequency.
- Plenty of Thump – At 134 dB the ETX-10P has plenty of power to fill a small to medium-sized space. Excellent bass delivery with a distinct punch.
- Carry Handle – Embedded carry handle is excellent for moving the speaker. Much needed considering how heavy it is.
- Expensive – Top-of-the-line sound also equals top-of-the-line pricing. An expensive option that may be too much to invest for some people.
- Heavy – At 44.8 lbs. (20.3kg) this speaker is not the most ergonomic option.
Electro-Voice offers an extensive range of speakers at a variety of price points. The excellent ETX-10P is among the touring range level of products. Well suited to handling small to medium venues it delivers precise and accurate sound. Warm, full, and punchy bass is a real highlight.
Despite the high price point and weight, it is well worth the investment.
Turbosound iQ10 Review
- Balanced Output – Sound quality is impressive. A nice balance between all frequencies. It does lean towards a more neutral response but the output is easy to tailor.
- On-Board DSP – The Klark Teknik DSP is easy to use and offers full flexibility to adjust output.
- Good Build Quality – A solid speaker that includes good quality components.
- Ultranet Capable – Compatible with other Ultranet gear. Eliminates interference and makes setup quick and easy.
- Hefty – At 38 lbs. (17.2 kg) it does lean on the heavier side. Not as heavy as some but certainly not light.
The Turbosound iQ10 is another excellent 10-inch powered speaker. It also utilizes the latest innovations. Ultranet connectivity allows for convenient setup. Plus added USB connectivity opens up remote adjustment of DSP along with firmware upgrades. The sound quality is clean and precise with excellent coverage.
A powerful and intelligent speaker that is very capable. Ideal for musicians and DJs.
Line 6 StageSource L2t Review
- High Audio Quality – Superb sound from this refined speaker. Delivery across all frequencies is clean and precise.
- Built Tough – Rugged construction that will appeal to traveling performers. An integrated carry handle adds to the convenience.
- Built-In Mixer – Full mixer allows you to tailor output. A must-have option for bands looking for an all-in-one solution.
- Focused Design – Intelligent presets that have musicians in mind. Guitar, Keyboards, and Monitor just to name a few.
- On The Heavy Side – While it is ideal for bands on the move it is still on the heavier side.
The Line 6 StageSource L2t is a unique take compared to other 10-inch powered speakers on this list. The refined design will appeal to musicians. Despite that focus, it’s still capable of handling a variety of applications thanks to the built-in mixer and presets.
The high price point may put some people off. But if you play in a band you’ll already see the quality and potential here.
Line 6 StageSource L2t
Behringer Eurolive B110D Review
- Solid Sound – For a speaker this cheap the B110D managed to deliver decent sound quality. Not as refined as more expensive speakers but well beyond expectations.
- 2-Band EQ – Adjust Low and High frequencies to suit your performance needs. Highs are a little light so good to have this option up your sleeve.
- Ultra-Affordable – One of the cheapest 10-inch powered speakers available. If you don’t have much to spend this is a great option.
- Portability – At just 17.9 lbs. (8.1kg) this speaker is very easy to move around. Dimensions are also a bit smaller than other 10-inch speakers.
- Lacks Power – With a lower price point does come lower power. Well suited to small intimate venues but will struggle with anything larger.
The Behringer Eurolive B110D is a super affordable and lightweight 10-inch powered speaker. At this price, you would expect subpar sound quality. But, the B110D does an admirable job of punching above its price point. Coverage is also decent but overall power is disappointing.
As a budget choice, you can’t go wrong with the Behringer Eurolive B110D.
Behringer Eurolive B110D
Alto TS310 Review
- Good Sound – The sound quality is quite decent considering the price point. A little boomy in the low end but an acceptable balance for most situations.
- Lightweight – At just 26 lbs (11.9kg) these are easy to transport. A convenient option if you dislike heavy speakers.
- Cheap – The price point is extremely aggressive. A solid choice if you don’t have much to spend on equipment.
- Reliability – Build quality is not overly impressive. There have been reports of early failure.
- No Tuning Options – The TS310 doesn’t offer any way to adjust output. You’ll need an external board to manage any EQ changes you want to make.
The Alto TS310 is an affordably priced entry-level 10-inch speaker. At this price point, it is hard to complain. But it does fall short in a few areas. In particular the build and component quality is not great. Despite this, the sound output is very clean with a decent amount of power.
While missing the bells and whistles of a more expensive speaker it is a good starting point for performers on a budget.
Our Expert Buying Guide
Selecting the right speaker for your needs is critical. When it comes to 10-inch speakers, you should consider a few key things before spending your hard-earned money.
One of the most important things to look out for is build quality. There are a lot of speakers available but the variations in quality can be massive. Speakers can be highly sensitive and if poorly built or used they can fail.
Sticking to trusted brands is the easiest way to ensure you avoid the pitfalls that come from poor speakers. These brands often have a long and established reputation.
Speakers can be subject to harsh conditions. Pick one that can handle frequent use and transport.
The speakers should also come with a solid warranty. Even the most highly-rated speakers can be prone to an occasional defective unit. A solid warranty ensures you are not left out of pocket.
Good 10-inch speakers will also have a robust cabinet that is not prone to scratches or dings. The component quality should also be high. Precision-built amplifiers and drivers will ensure you experience great sound. Plus better components lead to better durability.
Taking the time to ensure you are buying a well-made speaker will save you money down the line.
10-inch speakers are a natural choice for transportation. The smaller size and profile are well suited to DJs and bands. Lightweight and convenient to transport to and from gigs.
When you are transporting speakers it is important to protect them. This is where speaker bags or covers are an excellent option. They can help protect your valuable equipment from damage.
Securely packing them in your vehicle is also important. Be sure that they won’t slide or move when driving. Also, ensure that they don’t block your view.
Do You Need A Subwoofer?
One of the other things to consider is if you’ll need a subwoofer. Understanding how you’ll use your speakers and the events you’ll use them for is critical to understanding if you need a subwoofer.
If you play in larger venues you’ll need a subwoofer.
10-inch speakers will often be lacking in bass. They are ideal for smaller events and venues. Or for situations where the bass is not required. For example, if you use them for a spoken presentation.
If you do need more thump you’ll need to invest in a subwoofer. This will handle the low-end response and leave your speakers to handle the top end. A pair of 10-inch speakers along with a subwoofer or two is often enough to fill a medium-sized venue. Often it is even better than investing in bigger speakers.
Are Heavy Speakers Better?
Speaker quality is not determined by its weight. A heavy speaker doesn’t always mean a better speaker. Lightweight materials can yield the same results as heavier components.
How Many Watts Is A Good Speaker?
For performances, you’ll want a speaker with at least 1,000 watts of power. Be aware that efficiency is also important. An efficient 500-watt speaker can outperform inefficient speakers with more power.
Which One Should You Buy?
We’ve covered an exceptional range of speakers in this guide. From affordable options to top-of-the-line choices. But the one that stands out the most is the QSC K10.2. It delivers excellent audio quality and a smooth and satisfying low end. It features excellent tuning options in an attractive package. But if it is beyond your budget the JBL EON610 is an affordable alternative that still packs a serious punch.